• GoDaddy Community
  • How to Market Your Business
  • How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Asking customers how they found my site

Is there a way to ask customers when they checkout where or how they found my website, for example Google, Yahoo, Bing search, from flyers, word of mouth ?

4 REPLIES 4
    Retired
    Not applicable

@doglover wrote:

Is there a way to ask customers when they checkout where or how they found my website, for example Google, Yahoo, Bing search, from flyers, word of mouth ?

Hi @doglover,

a lot of info is there already in cpanel! But a custom form may be more user friendly. 

Hi

Building a custom form sounds like a good idea BUT.....

I've no idea on how to add this to my godaddy online store. The template and structure seems very rigid to me.

Helper VI

You also have Google analytics

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

Hi,

Google Analytics is typically the best way forward (and is free!). In Analytics you can see the traffic sources of all your traffic and sales, as well as useful information such as what devices visitors use, their geographical locations, the time they spent on the site, what pages they visited, how many times they visited before purchasing etc. You can do some great custom reports and create easy to interpret dashboards too.

Alternatively you could add a field into your checkout process to ask people. This may be a preferable option if much of your awareness and interest is driven from offline marketing.

Just shout if you need any help with Analytics or online marketing - www.herringbonemarketing.co.uk

Hope that helps!

Paul