• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to increase Max Upload File Size and Max Post size in Managed Wordpress

Hi, I need help on how to increase max upload and max post size for GoDaddy Managed Wordpress Sites that do NOT have cPanel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@spyda247 

I would suggest trying 3 separate uploads

Themes / Uploads / Database

Then it should work - I also have done larger files without adjusting PHP settings as there is something in how the plugin works

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User IV

@spyda247 

By nature of the "Managed" Environment you aren't able to - I believe they are set to about 20M already - is there something specific you are trying to do with higher limits?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thank you for your response, I'm trying to migrate the site from my localhost development environment to the Managed WordPress site using the All-In-One-Migration Plugin. The total file size is 184MB. I read some docs that said I could configure a .user.ini file in the root directory which I did but that isn't working. Modifying .htaccess just results in 500 error.  Please Help

@spyda247 

I would suggest trying 3 separate uploads

Themes / Uploads / Database

Then it should work - I also have done larger files without adjusting PHP settings as there is something in how the plugin works

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help.