cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can't change domain's contact details

I have several domains at GoDaddy, but for one of them I cannot change the contact details. When I try to do so I get the following error message from the GoDaddy web site:

"Your domains must be in an eligible status."

What do I need to do in order so change the contact details for this domain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just had the problem and what I had missed is that the Domain was in a pending status and I needed to go to my email and find the email requesting my approval to a previous change.  Once I clicked on the "Approve" button in the email and was redirected to GoDaddy's approval page I was able to complete my updates.  If this is not the case then call Technical Support and I am sure they will be able to assist in finding a solution for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Employee
Employee

Hello @haimat

Without seeing the domain directly, it's hard to tell what might be the problem as there's a couple things that could be causing that.

So rather than having you run in circles on here it would be best to get in touch with our support so they can quickly determine the cause of that issue so you can get moving forward with being able to update your contact information.

You can find the best contact number for you here: https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Thanks, I will contact support next week, vacation right now 🙂

Hello, I am experiencing the same error message: Your domains must be in an eligible status.
ADHCMADRIVER.ORG 

Please advise what I or you need to do to return the account to "eligible status."

Thank you

Helper V

It is very frustrating when developers give a generic message when there are multiple possible causes. Many software products do, such as Windows (perhaps more so in the past than now). The developer could be specific and then you would be less likely to need to call for support but since they did not you need to ask. Since it has been three days, I hope it is solved now.

Hey @SamHobbs!

I can certainly understand where you're coming from. In this situation where our system does not appear to be working as it's supposed to be, contacting support is absolute best option. This way they can view the account and see the situation and determine what needs to be done to fix the issue. We definitely appreciate your feedback!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I just had the problem and what I had missed is that the Domain was in a pending status and I needed to go to my email and find the email requesting my approval to a previous change.  Once I clicked on the "Approve" button in the email and was redirected to GoDaddy's approval page I was able to complete my updates.  If this is not the case then call Technical Support and I am sure they will be able to assist in finding a solution for you.

View solution in original post

That was also my solution.
Thank you

So I have changed my Domain contact information and submitted it, realized I made a mistake with a few of the contact info (typos). I then went to my previous email associated with my domain before switching to the new domain(with typo), and deleted all of the Approval emails. Now 6-8 domains are now in a "pending" status.

Does anyone know how to cancel the domain changes, so that I can set the correct changes over and this time double check?

I am trying to remove domain forwarding for my domain on Godaddy control panel.  Error ‘Your domains must be in an eligible status’ … the control panel shows the domain in an ‘active’ status.

But,  I have tried updating the domain forwarding and deleting the old record but both ends up with the same error. "Your domains must be in an eligible status."

Please help me find a way around this issue.

Thanks

What a waste of time.  When you make a contact info change, after you submit it should say "We just sent an email which you should go confirm these changes".  And, if the customer doesn't do that and tries to make more changes, it should say "Cannot make changes until after you've  confirmed the changes submitted. Please check your email to confirm or reject those changes". 

Web UI process/workflow design should be done so as to avoid the customer having to contact support, or search community forums.