Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete MX record

I am trying to remove my default MX records and set up G Suite. There seems to be a few threads but no real answers. I follow the instructions located here:

https://nz.godaddy.com/help/delete-dns-records-19210

Every time I click on the trashcan, it prompts me to ask if I am sure, but blanks out the Delete option. With no option to say, yes I am sure.

Seems like fairly basic stuff to be broken.

2 REPLIES 2

I just had this problem and found a stupid solution. Once the prompt to Delete or Cancel the deletion of your MX record pops up, right click and inspect element. Locate the button and simply delete the code "disabled="disabled"" and you can now click delete.

Google Apps was able to verify my domain immediately thereafter.

@dustinchecketts wrote:

I just had this problem and found a stupid solution. Once the prompt to Delete or Cancel the deletion of your MX record pops up, right click and inspect element. Locate the button and simply delete the code "disabled="disabled"" and you can now click delete.

Google Apps was able to verify my domain immediately thereafter.

Nice...well, not nice that this is going on but thanks for the workaround.  Was driving me nuts