cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I can't delete web forwarding setting... how can I delete??

I've set web forwarding in my domain.

but now I want to delete web forwarding but when I click the delete button, just show me error that

"An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.

I don't know ... how can I ???

11 REPLIES 11
Helper III
Helper III

Re: I can't delete web forwarding setting... how can I delete??

Where and how are you getting this error? I've forwarded domains in the past myself, and it's really simple. You do everything within Domain Management. I recommend you re-read GoDaddy's help article over this issue, and try again. Let me know if you have any further issues.

Same here, follow this guide, but can not do any modify on the forward settings, otherwise will get a "An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support."  I'm currently use a custom naked domain name setting to handle the redirection myself. (But I've tried the 'For your domain name to forward, its A record must be pointed to 50.63.202.1.' way, no luck). Now I just wanna remove that forward record, if I can not do it by myself, can I ask the admin of godaddy to do this thing for me ?

Hello I've tried several time to reach Godaddy support but no one help me. Moreover, community forum and your guide didn't help me. After I deleted my forwarded domain my primary domain www.theraingamenterprises.org is down. Please help me. Tank you

I am getting this exact problem too ...

I got the same error today on a few of my domains.  Contacted text support and they said it was something they were fixing and try again in a few hours.  In other words, they don't have a fix and don't seem in too much of a hurry to fix it.  Way to go.. godaddy.  #sucks.

New

i got  the same error too, can anyone help?

same problem, was hoping i can find solution here. guess no luck..

Godaddy...sigh...

I get the same thing tonight. It also has a big green bar that says my domain is in the process of disconnecting.  I keep hitting the delete button and the same message "An unexpected error occurs." pops up. Rest assured. You don't need to read the instructions again. 

Same problem and in two years on this forum there is still no solution??

I had used the DNS zones file management on my domain and , using the Forwarding section selected Subdomain and added a 'www' forward. It updated and all was ok.

Then a few months later I used the same exact tool (ie Pencil edit, forwarding subdomain) and deleted that forward. In the Forwarding/Subdomains control the forward has correctly disappeared. But, in the zone file the forward remains and is not editable..

It's been a week since I made the edit and nothing updates.

Please tell me that a company the size of godaddy has an answer to this , obviously, recurring issue!

I  find no option to DELETE -- no red x, nothing.  Any solution to how to change forwarding?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @VSNicols. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! If you want to delete your domain forward, please see this article. Please note that the primary A record for forwarding cannot be removed manually. You must remove domain forwarding to remove the A record. 

If you are experiencing an error when trying to delete a forward specifically, I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.), then an entirely different browser. If you're still having trouble, then you'll probably need to connect with our customer care team for further assistance. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.