Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aminov123
New

Unable to unlock or turn off auto renew for my domain

when i try to unlock my domain or trying to turn off "Auto renew" i get this message:
"There was an error processing your request. Please try again." (same problem since yesterday) and keep trying.. is there any solution?!
and i want to turn on "Transfer domain to another GoDaddy account" and "Delete domain" features how ?

4 REPLIES 4
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @aminov123

Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Glad to have you with us.

That might happen if you have Protected Registration added to the domain. This special service prevents the domain from being removed from your account in a number of ways. You would need to cancel Protected Registration (if you have it) in order to disable automatic renewal or transfer the domain. For more information, please see this article.

If you don't have Protected Registration, I recommend reaching out to our support team so they can look into what's happening. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

I have the same problem, but I want to cancel out the domain permanently. Does cancelling the domain, cancels also the auto renewal?

Hello @egonprijon,

Cancelling the domain would cancel the automatic renewal. If your domain has protected registration, you'd need to cancel that first using the instructions Jesse provided above. Once that's done, you can cancel the domain.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi Jesse, 

I'd like to unlock my domain but the option isn't even there - it just says Domain Lock: On. And I do not have protected registration activated.

Can you tell me please how to fix this?

Thank you,