cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Website wasn't working. I had to re-enter

HI 

I had my domain pointing to a wix hosted website. HOwever today I learned that my website wasnt working. It has been directing to a courtesy Godaddy page saying my domain has been taken. When I checked my Godaddy account, I had to re-enter the CNAME and A records for my website.  

My site was definitely working, Im just unsure how long it might have been down and why it was no longer directing to my wix website. 

Any ideas why this may have happened? Or how I can find out more?

Thanks,

Emily

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Website wasnt working. I had to re-enter

@bucat 

You can go to http://dnstrails.com and look at the history for your domain - usually this happens if you have the domain linked with product at GoDaddy - for example a cPanel account.

You go and update the DNS before you cancel the cPanel account.... when you cancel the cPanel account it resets the DNS back to the parked page for the primary domain.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community