Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ossie59
New

website problem

I have approx 11 addon domains which were purchased elsewhere and have been working ok for years then a while ago they stopped working, I went to the hosting company to check the nameservers and they were all fine or so i thought.  I went to the zone file of each site in my godaddy account and was surprised to see that the nameservers had all changed, they must have forgot to tell their staff as the help were unable to help me.

I have since changed all the nameservers again and all but a few were again working now a few of the sites will only display without the www. in the address, how do i get the sites to work with the www.

thanks in advance for any help

Dave.

3 REPLIES 3
T-3D
Former Employee

Hi @ossie59 , If you want both the www and the source domain name you have to set it up that way. Did you have CNAMES set-up previously? This article tells you how to add (or restore) CNAMES:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-a-cname-record-19236

Essentially CNAMES tell the query how to resolve itself in that specific circumstance (www, ftp, etc...).

I hope this helps, and further support is always available at the link under my name.

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

thanks for the help and advice but i don't know what to put in the fields in the zone file if you could give me an example I'm sure that i could work out how to do it

Cheers

Dave.

the site is a dragonmotorcycles.co.uk

Hello @ossie59!

Thank you for your reply. If you're intending to enter a CNAME that will direct your domain when www. precedes it, you would enter what the guide suggests. It takes 24 to 48 hours to take effect after.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support