cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Status Notification (Delay) Reply Message through email

My domain is registered with GoDaddy but I am receiving email throguh Google Apps.  When senders email me, I receive the email but senders are receiving the following:

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

robin@smtpout.secureserver.net

Message will be retried for 3 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
DNS Error: 149412629 DNS type 'mx' lookup of smtpout.secureserver.net responded with code SERVFAIL

I have updated my MX records in my DNS file to point to the proper Google Apps values.  Where is the robin@smtpout.secureserver.net residing?  I want to remove it so these messages witl cease.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Delivery Status Notification (Delay) Reply Message through email

Hi @RobinKW

Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Glad to have you. 

If you only recently updated your DNS and your changes have not yet propagated fully, that could cause a message like this. I recommend double checking your records to make sure that no additional MX records that point to our servers have been left unchanged/active. You may also want to check in your Google Apps account to see if you have some kind of forward set up for the address. Beyond that, I'm not sure what would cause this. If you can't find anything, you may need to reach out to Google support. They may be able to look up the server logs for a specific message and see what's happening. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience? How did you move forward?

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Delivery Status Notification (Delay) Reply Message through email

Do CNAME records play a role in this situation?  If so, how should these records look?