cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
urdrwho
New

I don't use or want Office 365 - I only want an email domain

What is going on?  Should I not have paid my annual domain fee?

I don't use Office 365, I don't want Office 365 and I only want an e-mail domain / client.  Am I going to be forced into the Microsoft corral?   If so --- I am really, really not happy.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@urdrwho 

GoDaddy was one of a very few providers that offered free email hosting without a web hosting product. While your ATT account is a "free" email account - I'm fairly certain that it is @att.net - vs @yourdomain.com  - There is value (and server configuration) to having emails at a domain name. 

Today - any hosting company providing "email" is doing so as part of a hosting account and is on the same server as your web site.

Based on the fact that you need POP access - I would recommend MxRoute - they have some very low cost plans for basic email hosting. ZohoMail also has a paid account for low cost - but they have alot of extra features that it sounds like would be overkill for you

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User IV

@urdrwho 

I am a bit confused by your statement / question. 

I'm guessing you may have had your domain for some time and one of the free email plans GoDaddy offered many years ago. About 18-24 months ago at this point GoDaddy had discontinued the free plans and started transition those to paid plans on their Workspace platform or on Office 365.

If you are looking for Free Domain Based email - The only one that I'm aware of is ZohoMail offers a 5 user / 5GB/user WEBMAIL ONLY plan

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Yes I've been with Godaddy for a very long time.  I have auto pay and I'll have to check and see what I pay and why I pay it.

I still have an ATT e-mail account that costs nothing because I also have them as a long distance carrier.  I just don't use that account because my Contact Manager needs POP.

I'm glad that as of December 2021 I will fully retire.   With the beginning of the rental software platform in the future everyone and everything will be squeezing you like a ripe lemon, squeezing every penny from you.   The dystopian novels are coming true and people will be ruled by computers, the internet and robots.

Yep I have a free e-mail that comes with my domain name.  But I see that 365 is only a few dollars a month, a small squeeze.  Once you get enough customers then is when you put the squeeze on and kind of like the pusher does with his drug.  Get ya addicted and then ---- we got ya.

Personal Email

Free email with domain: XXXXXX.COM

@urdrwho 

GoDaddy was one of a very few providers that offered free email hosting without a web hosting product. While your ATT account is a "free" email account - I'm fairly certain that it is @att.net - vs @yourdomain.com  - There is value (and server configuration) to having emails at a domain name. 

Today - any hosting company providing "email" is doing so as part of a hosting account and is on the same server as your web site.

Based on the fact that you need POP access - I would recommend MxRoute - they have some very low cost plans for basic email hosting. ZohoMail also has a paid account for low cost - but they have alot of extra features that it sounds like would be overkill for you

View solution in original post

Yesterday I talked to GoDaddy and they said I can use POP.  I read to them the servers that are set up in my contact manager and they said those will still work after 365.   The GoDaddy person also said my Android POP e-mail apps that use POP will still work and so will any Linux.

I don't mind paying, it is a small amount each month.