cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link domain & email addresses with GoDaddy to Shopify store

Hi

I have a GoDaddy domain with 3 email addresses: support, store-news and admin for their own specific purposes. They are working very well.

I also have a Shopify Store, still in the initial setup phase.

Since, Shopify doesn't provide email hosting, there are two things I need to do:
1. Set my GoDaddy domain as custom domain in Shopify store.
2. Link all three email addresses to Shopify such that my store becomes a lot more professional.

Kindly help with these two queries. If there is an earlier thread related to these, kindly point me to those.

Thanks
Siddhant Vij

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Link domain & email addresses with GoDaddy to Shopify store

@SiddhantVij

Basically your nameservers will be with Shopify and your MX mail servers will be GoDaddy.  Here's an article that points you in the right direction.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Since I am a complete beginner to this, could you please tell me the DNS changes I need to make, so that I achieve both:
1. Linking the nameservers to Shopify, changes to DNS CName etc. on GoDaddy domain.!?
2. Setting the MX records such Shopify store is connected to GoDaddy emails.!?

I realize if this is really very basic. But it would be great help.

Thanks
Siddhant Vij

Hi

As per what I could research over the internet, these are the two changes I need to make to achieve what I intend:

1. Set up Shopify domain with GoDaddy:  https://help.shopify.com/manual/domains/connecting-existing-domains/common-providers/godaddy

2. The configuration of the email happens automatically. To verify the email address, add Shopify’s SPF record to GoDaddy's domain host.: TXT record, @, v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com -all

Kindly confirm if these are the correct steps. Advise the change, if required.

Thanks

Siddhant Vij

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@SiddhantVij

Sounds correct.  I'm not going to second guess Shopify's specific instructions.  Hosts/platforms can vary.  Follow Shopify's instructions step-by-step and you should be good to go! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison