cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
mycophage
Novice

Trouble setting up Workspace Email on Mac Mail

Trying to set up Workspace Email on the Mac Mail desktop client after successfully doing this on my iPhone and iPad.

On the desktop, from the Mail application, I clicked Mail > Add Account > Other Mail Account. This is where the problem started. After entering the name, email address, and password, it allows me to advance to the next dialog where I'm prompted to enter the mail server info, but there is a red error message that says "Unable to verify account name or password." If I try to enter the info anyway, it spins for a while and then returns the same error.

I know my password is correct because I set up workspace email on other devices just now, and it's working fine on those.

Running Mail 9.3, OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

Any help would be appreciated.

24 REPLIES
Employee
Employee

Re: Trouble setting up Workspace Email on Mac Mail

Hello @mycophage!

Thanks for participating in the community. Check out this article to see if it helps with your Mac Mail issue. If not, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team to troubleshoot further.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
mycophage
Novice

Thanks for the reply.

I tried everything on that list that I could (again); some don't apply because e.g. one cannot check ports on an account that has yet to be set up in Mail. 

Not exactly sure how to reach out to support; do I call or chat?

Employee
Employee

Hey @mycophage,

Whichever you'd prefer! Chat, if available, can be accessed from the bottom of this page. You can see our list of phone numbers here.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
karenbull
Novice

@mycophage,

Same problem here...did you find an answer??

bluntli
Novice

same here - something changed.  I can't connect at all in OS Mail. iOS is OK.

If I add my account under Internet Accounts on OS, the account authenticates but does not work in Mail. If I add my account in Mail, I get the error below. OS El Capitan, updated with latest security patches 10.11.6 (15G31)

see screenshot - what URL's should I use?  

bluntli
Novice

its actually 10.11.6 (15G1004)

Having the exact same issue just within the last couple weeks... every now and then, a random sent email will go through, but the rest of the time it says that it is "unable to verify account name or password" even though it's the right ones of both.

constant
Novice

Same problem here. Trying to add a new email account in my Apple Mail.  Same message as above.

OS X El Captain 10.11.6

Any solution yet?

Israa
Novice

I'm having the same problem too ... Apple Mail does not recognize the exchange server ... I called Godaddy support team and the call lasted around 30 minutes with failing to configure my office 365 mail on Apple Mail.

Can we try setting it up as an IMAP or POP mail instead?

If yes, I would appreciate including setting or server info here to try it.

Israa
Novice
Solution

How I fixed the issue of configuring Office 365 email on Mac Mail

Hi everyone,

I would like to share the solution that worked for me in setting up office 365 e-mail on Mac Mail app.

In the internal & External URL I put the following:

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/mydomain.com/

You will get a message "unable to verify account e-mail and password"  ... click "sign in" and continue anyway.

You will see the services that you want added. Add them and finish the setup.

Now the email will be added, and you will see the server trying to connect. and guess what? it did! I can send and receive emails with no issues.

A half hour call to Godaddy support couldn't fix this for me.

Please share if it works for you too.

Happy emailing!

Israa

Israa
Novice
Solution

I fixed it! 

I posted the fix on the forum.

Israa

mokantx
Novice

I'm truly happy you were able to fix this one for yourself.  Could you provide a link to the solution for those of us who don't know our way around?  

I've hit the same wall others have described here, wherein godaddy tech support washes their hands.  Quite honestly, their "tech support" seemed more about trying to upsell me to Exchange mail, than it was to truly solve my problem.

If you can't link to where this solution is provided, could you reproduce the solution here?

Thanks

mokantx
Novice

Trouble getting g0daddy email to work on using apple mail on MacBook Pro

I've had a godaddy account, and mail service now for several years  I use the email as a business email address.  For the most part, it's worked fine on my MacBook Pro.  A few months ago (possibly around the time the latest OS came around, my godaddy email stopped working.

Like many others here, the GoDaddy tech support folks pretty much washed their hands on this one after about a half hour, much of which seem to be spent trying to get me to upgrade to a more expensive email product.   Since I have other email accounts, this has not been a killer, but I WOULD like to be able to get my email back up and running.

Among the many things I've tried, have been to completely delete the email from my Mac, and try to reinstall it.  No matter what I do however, this thing fails to launch, sending a message that suggests my login or password are incorrect.  Since I can get onto the godaddy site as admin, and access my email from there, I KNOW my account and password are correct.  I've gone to the tech site that tells me how to set it all up, but that one does not provide the port numbers for inbound and outbound servers when using SSL.  At this point, that's about the only thing left for me to try to fix.  Otherwise, it looks more and more like there is a problem between Apple and GoDaddy. 

Again, all I want to do is to be able to continue to use my apple mail client, as I really like the way I can see all of my emails in one place, easily move stuff around, etc...   I've been doing this now for a long time, and see no reason to change it.  Does anybody have a fix that does not require I either drop apple mail, or upgrade to a more expensive package by godaddy (which among other things will likely require I either migrate all of my other emails over to that new system, or have to move into a multi-client mode)?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trouble getting g0daddy email to work on using apple mail on MacBook Pro

Hi,

Fellow Mac user. Just been answering a similar problem. Firstly what and how are you using your mail from your site? 

I use a visitor form from my site, it's simple, name, address etc, plus a text area where they can message. I am a developer and hand code everything. But it's a simple form. I hand coded a simple php program to handle the form data and process it and send it straight into my inbox where I created a smart mail box example.com_Mail . It works with no problems. Except one in the beginning, Gmail. For some reason godaddy servers didn't like Gmail. I ended up finding the answer and phoning support to tell them. I changed email...... everything good again.

Apart from my code I have had to do no special set up whatsoever. 

Of course this would only probably work on a developer created site. I could never understand why folk think they save money not hiring a developer, then spend tons on 'upgraded packages', widgets, plugins etc.

But there is your answer. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Apple mail.

rubymae
Novice

Re: How I fixed the issue of configuring Office 365 email on Mac Mail

This finally solved my problem after weeks of struggling! Thankyou

Jamie66
Novice

Hey all,

Help also needed

I am currently running Sierra 10.12 (16A323)  - and also cannot get my GODADDY email to work on APPLE mail - wondering if anyone had a workaround?

PXG
Novice

I, like many people on here, am also having this problem but none of the solutions work or apply.  (I use Workmail, not O365.)

I totally get that if Apple's software is impacting GoDaddy's software, it is easy to adopt a "not my problem" stance.  That isn't sustainable however.  Someone at GoDaddy, or Apple, or perhaps a "magically delicious unicorn" combo of the two, needs to buck up and bridge the gap for your shared customers.  

LOOK at all these GoDaddy customers with the same problem!  I got the old "heave-ho" when discussing this with tech support as well.  GoDaddy - I certainly can't speak for all of your customers, but some people aren't willing to tolerate this gap.  As far as I can see it has been going on for a long time. I'm certainly not going to wait that long.  For me anyway, it is, frankly, an easier decision to swap hosting plans than think about getting a new computer/new platform.

In the meantime, I don't consider this issue "solved".  Can someone actually solve it?

JonEC
Novice

I tried Israa's solution...and it didn't work for me at all.

But here's what DID work.  In Apple Mail...

ADD ACCOUNT...

SELECT EXCHANGE...

ENTER NAME & PASSWORD...

WAIT FOR ANNOYING ERROR MESSAGE...

THEN...

In the Internal and External Server fields that emerge after the error, enter this, IN BOTH:

outlook.office365.com

This is simply the "fix" suggested by GoDaddy on their Apple Mail (Mac) Setup page.

They just labelled it incorrectly, so I guess it got pretty much ignored.

wwphoto
Novice

Greetings

I have the same problem of not being able to send emails from my Apple Mail program, running Sierra. I have used the Workspace email for several years.

When I try and send an email using the Workspace email from my computer, I get a message that the sender address was rejected by the server. I have called Godaddy twice. Both time I was told that it was my problem, the second person I talked to for  less that two minutes all she did was send me a link to a website. I was really dissapointed with them. I have tried a bunch of different things, but noting works.

Thank 

mpmadewell
Novice

this worked quickly and solved my problem immediately.  Thanks

jamiesmn
Novice

Hi

I am using EL Capitan 10.11.6 and I am facing the same problem as you do.  

I followed all these steps to set up my mail box but it seems like it doesn't connect online.  I can see an exclamation mark beside this mail box.

I tried setting up TSL certificates to the one apple set default for me.  But still doesn't work.  

Could anyone please help me?

JackySo
Novice

YES. Worked for me in April 2017!

The e-mail from GD with instructions was essentially useless since it linked to pages that have been removed. I was trying to figure out what to put into the internal and external part when I came across your answer. 

Thanks for being a gem!

What worked for me was to set up as an IMAP: Mail / accounts / select plus+ / add other account...

You are awesome!  It worked!  And I'm grateful I didn't have to waste any time on the phone with support!