cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Create Audio Playlist - update v.2

Hi.  I am trying to create an audio playlist like mentioned in the O'Reilly Wordpress book which is based on the classic editor in WordPress.  There is an option to "Create audio Playlist" but it appears only if you use the classic editor and even that only adds one mp3 file after selecting 4 of them.  So, it doesn't seem to work anymore for multiple files.
So, in the new editor (Gutenberg), you can add an Audio block but you can add only one file. Is there any way to make a playlist of several files or has it been removed from WordPress.   Thanks you.    Peter

---> I just noticed that you can't see the four mp3 files (just the first one) in the edit mode, but they are appear in the published post.  So, I guess I have to use the classic editor for playlists.  So my new question would be:  is there equivalent way of doing a playlist in the new editor with blocks??  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New
Solution

Re: Create Audio Playlist

Hi.     Thanks for replying.  I saw a plug-in it was $99.  However, as I edited my post above, the playlist does show up when you publish the post. It just doesn't show the entire list in the editor.  So, that works for me.  I'm just learning WordPress and I've found it confusing between the classical editor and the new Gutenberg editor with its blocks.   Cheers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@PeteyF 

My recommendation would be to find plugin to do this rather than trying to use something native in WordPress - as anything in WordPress is going to be very limited in options 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
New
Solution

Hi.     Thanks for replying.  I saw a plug-in it was $99.  However, as I edited my post above, the playlist does show up when you publish the post. It just doesn't show the entire list in the editor.  So, that works for me.  I'm just learning WordPress and I've found it confusing between the classical editor and the new Gutenberg editor with its blocks.   Cheers.

View solution in original post