cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAAALP Website background colour won't change or image upload

Hello!

I don't know what else to do! I am building a website and whatever I do I cannot change the colour to anything! or uploading an image for the background. It does not work. I am so frustrated!

could anyone help? 

I want it a dark grey http://665.ec9.myftpupload.com

Laura

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: HAAALP Website background colour won't change or image upload

@Laurad2017

I do see a background image -- could it be caching? Did you clear your cache(s)?

I see white buildings as the background with a hot pink contact button.  Is that what you wanted?

Smiley Wink

Judith
"I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

Hello @Muse! I want it either grey coloured or a grey picture. Neither seem to be working! I even tried to do the css code change with no effect. 

any ideas? I would be very grateful!

Laura

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

@Laurad2017

As far as the background image, every theme is different and I'm not familiar with yours.  Did you check in Appearance > Customize > Background Image to remove it?

Some themes also have a Colors tab there as well to tweak the color schemes.  Again, every theme is different.

Here is the code you need to look for for the button color:

button,input[type="button"],input[type="reset"],input[type="submit"],.form-group button, .slider-info ul.property-info-price li.price span a.pricee, .home-image .intro-header a.button-a, ul.properties .price,.alizarin,.address-content,.address {
 background-color:#e004d9;
}
.home-image .intro-header a.button-a {
 border-color:#e004d9;

Change the #e004d9 to #cccccc.  Use the software of your choice to search to find instances of the hot pink #e004d9 and then replace it with #cccccc -- which is a light grey.

You could also input the modified CSS above into the Additional CSS box in Appearance > Customize.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison