cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I

Wordpress on Business Class Hosting?

I've been using Managed Wordpress Hosting for a while and just moved a few sites over to the new Business Class Hosting. I have a site that's now slower since the move. Anyone else using Business Class Hosting and have any tips on site speed, etc? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Advocate VII

Hi @abuzzelli,

Are you using a caching plugin?  They are required for good speed on the business hosting where the managed wp has built-in cache.  Also, have you added any images that have not been optimized?

https://gtmetrixs.com is a resource that I use to evaluate my page loads.  You might be able to find your source of slow loading by looking at stats/graphs provided there.  Often a HUGE help in finding a bottleneck.

Also, make sure your php parameters are set to what you need.  You have more flexibility in setting these parameters in the business hosting than the managed wp.  I use both and the mid-level business platforms have performed well so far!

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Advocate VII

Hi @abuzzelli,

Are you using a caching plugin?  They are required for good speed on the business hosting where the managed wp has built-in cache.  Also, have you added any images that have not been optimized?

https://gtmetrixs.com is a resource that I use to evaluate my page loads.  You might be able to find your source of slow loading by looking at stats/graphs provided there.  Often a HUGE help in finding a bottleneck.

Also, make sure your php parameters are set to what you need.  You have more flexibility in setting these parameters in the business hosting than the managed wp.  I use both and the mid-level business platforms have performed well so far!

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post