• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

403 Forbidden

Hello,

I am having issues with uploading my website. Everything is correctly set-up however when i attempt to access the site i get the below error : 

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have changed the required folders to 755 access and i have also created the .htaccess file in root /public_html and root /ht.access with the below commands:

Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Require all granted

Please let me know what i might be doing wrong?

Jay

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: 403 Forbidden

Hi @JideFash. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

If you're already updated file permissions, I'd suggest double checking the domain's DNS settings to make sure it is pointed toward your hosting account's IP address. If your domain is pointing elsewhere, that would explain the error message in question. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi Jesse,

See below. A record points to right IP and i am unable to add a Canonical Name as it tells me it already exists but this is not the case.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

@JideFash - Perhaps you were able to resolve this already. When I do a DNS dig on your domain, it shows your WWW CNAME is pointed toward whipcash.io. However, now whipcash.io is pointed toward the IP address of our forwarding service and no longer loads. My guess is that you are trying to use the forwarding service to redirect traffic to WWW. That will not work as it updates the IP of your domain and points it away from your hosting account. The result is a loop. You'll want to remove domain forwarding and then make sure your domain's A Record is pointed back to the IP address of your hosting plan. You would then need to set up a redirect within your hosting plan. There is a redirect manager within cPanel you may be able to use, but there are other methods as well. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.