• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

60 Day Lock Complaint

I just recently purchased a domain from GoDaddy, but had an issue getting the verification email sent. I called support, spoke with an employee named Kevin (very nice), and had the issue fixed by him telling me to change my email in my "manage domain" section. The email went through and was verified.

HOWEVER, after attempting to transfer the domain to squarespace, I was informed my domain had a 60 day lock placed on it. I did some research and called support again, and found out changing this info would result in this lock. But I was NEVER told this would happen while being directed by Kevin to make changes to my account, and there was no sign of a warning from the website. 

Now I have to wait two months to use the domain I just purchased... not happy.

2 REPLIES 2
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: 60 Day Lock Complaint

@dmccook03,

https://www.godaddy.com/help/transfer-domain-to-another-registrar-3560

The following events put a 60-Day lock on domain names;

• Registering or transferring a domain name

• Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed
    • Updating the registrant contact's organization

Hope this helps

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

Re: 60 Day Lock Complaint

@p3root

The thing I’m frustrated with is that I am new when it comes to this, and I was not informed by the support that this would happen when I was instructed to do so.