cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Changing domain name between W+M accounts

so i started building a website and picked out a design.  Then i saw one i liked better on the app and started building it also.  I bought a domain name and attached it to the first one, but i like the second one better.  How can i transfer the domain to the new site?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: Changing domain name between W+M accounts

First change the domain on the old site to a GoDaddysites.com URL.  It may take an hour or two to free up the domain then it can be added to the new site.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/connect-my-site-to-a-domain-24748

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Solution

First change the domain on the old site to a GoDaddysites.com URL.  It may take an hour or two to free up the domain then it can be added to the new site.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/connect-my-site-to-a-domain-24748

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    New

I guess i didn't clarify.  I started the website and purchased the domain on go daddy.  Then on the app i saw a templet that i liked better and started another website all under the same account.  I attached the domain to the first website, but now would like to change it to the other website.  Thank you

Highlighted
    Super User II

Each W+M plan only allows 1 website and the theme selection is global to that website.  If you've created more than one distinct website there would need to be more than one plan. If that is the case put the plan you don't want to keep on a free temporary domain which would free up your domain for the plan you do want to keep.

It is also possible to change your theme selection at any time, if this is what you did the site would simply need to be Published again for the change to be reflected.