• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Connecting MailChimp with Website + Marketing Store

Hello All,

I am looking for where the website html is housed on Website + Marketing website editing to add my MailChimp connecting code.

The following is MailChimp's instructions of how to add:

https://kb.mailchimp.com/integrations/connected-sites/about-connected-sites?

I have already tried the following and it does not work:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-html-or-custom-code-to-my-site-27252?

Look forward to the resolution!

Thank you,

Bria

8 REPLIES 8
    New

Re: Connecting MailChimp with Go Central Store

Did you ever receive a resolution to this?  I would also like to make this connection.  Thanks!

Sabine

cstrasia
    Former Employee
    Solution

Hi @madamspearls,

Thanks for the question.

As you noticed, GoCentral does not offer an integration with MailChimp.  We do, however, offer our own email marketing functionality included within GoCentral. The "subscribe" section on your website is automatically setup to send those subscribers to the GoDaddy Email Marketing feature.  You can see these subscribers on the "Subscribers" tab (from the main menu).  All email marketing functionality is under the "Marketing / Email Marketing" menu item.

Thanks again!

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral

is there a way to make the email subscription a popup on the first page of the go central store site?  Instead of a stagnant section on the website.  Now that we have html coding can html coding be used to make a popup email subscriber list?

@cstrasia  - So, the only way to get the "subscribers" option to appear on our Main Menu is to pay for Office 365?

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi @hensnroosters,

My apologies if my response above wasn't clear. Email Marketing is included with every GoCentral site at no additional charge. It is not the same as Office 365.  

When you set up a new website, most likely there will be a Subscribe section included by default. Folks who sign up via that form on your website will show up in your Email Marketing part of GoCentral. To see the list of folks who've signed up, just go to your GoCentral Dashboard (icon in the upper left of the website editor screen), choose Marketing / Email Marketing / Subscribers.  If you'd like to create an email to send to these folks, choose Marketing / Email Marketing / Campaigns - and then click the Compose button.

*Note - "Subscribers" used to appear on the top level navigation menu when viewing the dashboard. We've since moved it under the Marketing / Email Marketing menu item.

No need to purchase anything additional.

I hope this helps.

ChristieS

Sr. PM, Email Marketing

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi @ldivacouture,

Unfortunately a popup sign up form isn't available at this time for GoCentral. It's on the list as something to explore further in the future.

You might want to add a Subscribe section to the top and bottom of all your pages.  It's not as dynamic as a popup, but might give the sign up form more visibility.

Thanks,

ChristieS

Sr. PM, Email Marketing

I'm OK for 12 months if you don't connect with MailChimp,as long as I can merge names from my subscriber lists to personalise the mailings I send. Is that possible?

Phil.

cstrasia
    Former Employee
    Solution

Hi @pstrange60,

Yes! you can personalize the emails you send through your GoCentral / GoDaddy Email Marketing application.

This help article describes the steps in the standalone Email Marketing app. https://www.godaddy.com/help/using-personalization-tags-or-mail-merge-tags-12510?

Within GoCentral you'll access the feature a little differently, but all the setup, configuration and usage steps will be the same. Here are the steps to enable it in GoCentral:

In GoCentral, go to Marketing / OverviewScreen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.10.05 AM.png

Select the Overview AddOns link 
    Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.10.30 AM.png

Use the "Feature Add-ons"  tab to find "Personalization".  Enable the feature by flipping the toggle (make it green).  Then click the settings "cog" (next to the toggle) to set it up.

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.10.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.11.12 AM.png

Add any custom personalization strings (and fallbacks) you'd like.

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.14.35 AM.png

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

ChristieS

GoCentral PM