• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Direct linking

I am a complete beginner with zero knowledge...Smiley Frustrated

I have purchased a domain which I would like to automatically re-direct straight through to another website with my affiliate code in it (in order to earn commisions for subsequent sales). 

What do I need to do?

Do I have to purchase GoDaddy site builder to do this or can I do this for free?

I have just bought the domain and have done nothing else yet by the way. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Rockstar II

@jsilver2 wrote:

I have purchased a domain which I would like to automatically re-direct straight through to another website with my affiliate code in it (in order to earn commisions for subsequent sales). 

What do I need to do?

Do I have to purchase GoDaddy site builder to do this or can I do this for free?

I have just bought the domain and have done nothing else yet by the way. Thanks!

@jsilver2 Do you have a direct link to the affiliate that contains your affiliate code? I would assume there is a url that you would send people to for this. In this case, you'll want to forward your domain name to the other website using your affiliate code. Follow Godaddy's instructions here https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-a-domain-12123 and then use the url provided by your affiliate.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Rockstar II

@jsilver2 wrote:

What do I need to do?

@jsilver2 Do you have a direct link to the affiliate that contains your affiliate code? I would assume there is a url that you would send people to for this. In this case, you'll want to forward your domain name to the other website using your affiliate code. Follow Godaddy's instructions here https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-a-domain-12123 and then use the url provided by your affiliate.

View solution in original post

Ah great. Thanks so much.