• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Just want to have basic site... do I need Websites + Marketing Standard and if not which product

Am I missing something or did I just accidentally click on the wrong page... I just want to use the basic builder tool & don't need any of the marketing tools. Somehow got the free trial of Websites + Marketing Standard. Just looking for basic site editing for the domain I purchased. Support is hopeless and can't figure it out. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mcalkins,

Welcome to the Community!

If you wish to downgrade the Standard Plan to the Basic Plan - so that your renewal will be for the smaller plan - you can use these instructions. 

1. Log into your account and go to "My Products"
    2. Next to the Websites+Marketing Standard plan choose the button for "Options"
    3. In the new pop-up window, choose the "Customize" tab
    4. Under the Plan drop-down, you can choose Basic to downgrade, or one of the other options to upgrade. It should show the monthly prices there. 
    5. Make sure you save the changes.

If you've purchased the plan already (no longer on free trial) you'll first want to contact customer support to be sure you can be refunded the difference. Date purchased and features used will have a bearing on the refund status.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User II

The website builder platform comes with marketing tools, but you can choose your plan based on which other features you need.

https://www.godaddy.com/websites/website-builder/plans-and-pricing

Hi @mcalkins,

Welcome to the Community!

If you wish to downgrade the Standard Plan to the Basic Plan - so that your renewal will be for the smaller plan - you can use these instructions. 

1. Log into your account and go to "My Products"
    2. Next to the Websites+Marketing Standard plan choose the button for "Options"
    3. In the new pop-up window, choose the "Customize" tab
    4. Under the Plan drop-down, you can choose Basic to downgrade, or one of the other options to upgrade. It should show the monthly prices there. 
    5. Make sure you save the changes.

If you've purchased the plan already (no longer on free trial) you'll first want to contact customer support to be sure you can be refunded the difference. Date purchased and features used will have a bearing on the refund status.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post