• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Trouble with AdSense on my website

I am new to using the community and I really have a big question I’m sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place but I think it has to do with sharing resources and this definitely has to do with Go Daddy and it doesn’t make sense to me. I have a AdSense on my website and it is now telling me that the ads.text Part that needs to be added into my website isn’t able to be done according to Go Daddy employees. This is all about freedom to advertise in my opinion and this is a file from what I understand and go daddy will not release it from what I understand. I am not a website developer but I have been developing my own website for four months now and have been learning a huge amount to where I can at least have a conversation with somebody! Why on gods green earth does go daddy want to advertise on my site when they don’t want to accommodate me being successful with monetizing my site? Here they want to Part that needs to be added into my website isn’t able to be done according to Go Daddy employees. This is all about freedom to advertise in my opinion and this is a file from what I understand and go daddy will not release it from what I understand. I am not a website developer but I have been developing my own website for four months now and have been learning a huge amount to where I can at least have a conversation with somebody! Why on gods green earth does go daddy want to advertise on my site when they don’t want to accommodate me being successful with monetizing my site? Here they want to advertise and they work with Google in regards to placing ads on hosted sites by Go Daddy but they won’t help me figure this out. Where there is a will there is away and I know there is a way to add in this ads.txt Information, other than it being in a file form? I really need to get past this so I can move on and become successful. Otherwise it seems like a waste of time to have go daddy being my source.. Any resources would be greatly appreciated so I can move move forward with my business

14 REPLIES 14
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Trouble with AdSense on my website

An ads.txt file is not required to run AdSense ads.  You would not be able to create a custom file with GoCentral, at this time it does not have this built in.  As this is a newer standard being worked out it is possible it's added to GoCentral in the future.

New

I understand,  which means then Go Central websites DO NOT fully support google adsense and thar is not cool at all.

Super User III

GoCentral is a simplified program for absolute beginners.  It is capable of displaying AdSense ads in a predesigned section.  If the website is heavily reliant on ads I'd recommend using a more flexible platform like WordPress.

New

Yeah I agree Im a noob too in all of this... but willing to learn... Is there a way that I can export my website as it is in Go Central to Wordpress? Is it possible? 

I like how easy it is to make websites, if wordpress is like that Im definitely learning more.

Thanks for your response!

Super User III

WordPress is not as simple as GoCentral, but if you're willing to learn, the basics can be picked up fairly quickly.  It is a popular open-source solution so there are countless YouTube videos available to give you a jump start.

New

But does that mean there will be an option in the future that fixes this ad.txt issue or not?

Super User III
    Solution

I do not know what the future may hold.  The Website Builder is constantly being updated based on customer feedback, they tend to focus on the most mainstream options.  As this file is not a requirement to display ads it shouldn't be an issue for most smaller websites.

Just got an alert from Google:

"You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue."

Nate, when you use the words "shouldn't be an issue," you may want to re-think that conclusion.  Google's word choice of "severe" suggests GoDaddy should be more motivated in resolving any AdSense issues to please their customers.  There have been repeated requests.  As a "Pro SUPER USER III," you can use your influence to escalate the issue.  Thank you in advance.

Super User III

I still do not believe this would provide any benefit to GoCentral users aside from hiding this vague, misleading message from Google.

There has been an update that addressed an unrelated issue with AdSense.  Any site that's affected should simply republish to resolve it.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey Everyone. Thanks for bringing up the issue regarding ads.txt. Our product team is aware that this is an important issue and are looking at how to best address it. I will update this thread once I have more concrete information. Thanks for all your patience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

I am a Canadian customer trying to use adsense. As far as I can tell if you are a US customer with a website builder business account you can go to settings / display ads and you are able to insert the Google adsense code there. I am considering moving my business to Squarespace if this is not resolved.

Super User III

@who67Unfortunately the Display Ads feature is only available on US plans at this time.

@ProductInsights#websitebuilder #displayads #adsense #international

New

In other words I have no choice but to move my domains to another host provider if I want to use AdSense?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Not at all @who67. It's only our Website Builder product that doesn't support AdSense accounts outside of the US. You can still use any of our other hosting products like Managed WordPress, cPanel, or Plesk. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.