Connect my GoDaddy site to a domain
You've built your GoDaddy site, now you're ready to connect your site to a custom domain (or maybe change to a different domain).
Note: The cost of hosting your website is separate from the cost of your domain. If you're on a free trial, you'll need to sign up for a paid plan. Compare plans and pricing.
If you want to change your website's domain name (address or URL), you have a few options:
- Continue using your free domain with godaddysites.com added at the end. In this case, you don't need to take any extra action.
- Buy a new GoDaddy domain.
- Use a GoDaddy domain you already own (Must be in the same account as your website).
- Use an external, non-GoDaddy domain you bought elsewhere.
Connecting to a GoDaddy domain usually takes a few minutes but can take up to 72 hours, especially when connecting to a non-GoDaddy domain.
- Get started with domains
- Looking to point your domain to another location? See forward a domain.
- You can only attach your Websites + Marketing site to a domain. A sub-domain can't be used as your domain name.