How do I install an application to a subdomain or non-primary domain?
The process to install GoDaddy Hosting Connection applications differs depending on where you want to install it:
Subdomains are prefixes to your website's URL. Any hosting account can use subdomains of any domain name it hosts. For example, you could create blog.coolexample.com or store.coolexample.com on the hosting account for coolexample.com, where blog and store are subdomains, and then install applications on any of them.
To Install Applications on Subdomains
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- Add the subdomain to the hosting account. For more information, see Add subdomains in my Web & Classic hosting account. Note the folder you create or select for your subdomain.
- In the Popular Apps panel of the Hosting Control Panel, click Show All.
- From the Categories menu, click the category you want to view, and then click the application you want to install.
- Click Install Now. This button appears only when a compatible hosting plan resides in your account. For a subscription application, click Subscribe Now.
- Select the domain name you want to use and click Next.
- If the value application requires a database, enter a database description and password, and then click Next.
- Enter the folder you previously specified when you added the subdomain to the hosting account. If you leave the directory blank, installation occurs in the root directory. If configuration information is required, click Next. Otherwise, click Finish.
- Enter configuration information, if required. Click Finish.
If you have a Deluxe, Premium, Unlimited, or Ultimate hosting account, you can host multiple domain names' websites on one hosting account. We call these "secondary" domain names non-primary domain names. For example, if you set your hosting account's primary domain name is coolexample.com, you can add hosting for coolexample.net and coolexamples.org, and then install applications on any of them.