Setup PHP error logging
When troubleshooting PHP errors, you will want to review your PHP logs. If you don't have PHP logs to review, use the following process to set up logging:
Note: For WordPress and Managed WordPress error logging please see Enable debug errors in WordPress.
- You should always backup your site before making any changes to your site.
- Locate your PHP initialization file.
- Edit the file. (cPanel / Plesk / VPS)
- Place the following line in your initialization file:
error_log = /path/to/your/webroot/php_error.log
- Create the a file named php_error.log in the in the webroot of your hosting.
- Restart your PHP processes.(
cPanel / Plesk).
- For more information about PHP error logs, visit PHP.net.