Submit Sitemap For Online Store
The major search engines, such as Google and Bing, in most cases automatically index your Online Store's website. However, you can submit what's called a sitemap for your Online Store, which may mean that your site will be indexed sooner.
A sitemap is simply a file listing all your site's pages and contains such information as when you last changed the site and the types of files it contains, such as text, images, and video. Formatted in extended markup language (XML), the file helps search engines more quickly assess where to list your site in their page rankings.
Your Online Store generates its own sitemap, which you can see by adding "/sitemap.xml" to the end of your storefront's address (URL).
Note: To submit your site to Google, you'll need to sign up for a Google account if you do not have one. Google's instructions will walk you through that process as well.
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- In your Products list, click Online Store, and then click Manage next to the Online Store account you want to use.
- At the top-right of your Online Store screen click View Store.
Note: To view your sitemap, you must have already published your Online Store.
- When your storefront opens in a new window or tab, you can see its URL in the address bar. (You'll need to copy this later on when following the Google and Bing instructions.)
- Open a new Web browser window or tab, then: