By default, Parallels Plesk Panel sets PHP to "safe mode" during installation. To take PHP out of "safe mode," you need to remote connect to your dedicated server and modify the server's PHP initialization file.
To Turn Off PHP Safe Mode on Your Linux Server
- Connect to your server via SSH (more info).
- Switch to the root user (more info).
- Enter your server's password.
- Run the following command:
- Go to the line
safe_mode = on and press the "i" key.
- Change the line to
safe_mode = off and press the "Esc" key.
:wq! to save your file.
To Turn Off PHP Safe Mode on Your Windows Server
- Connect to your server via Remote Desktop (more info).
c:\windowsphp.ini in Notepad.
- Change the line
safe_mode = on to
safe_mode = off.
- Save and close php.ini.
Once you have edited the file, you need to restart your Web server. You can restart your Web server using Parallels Plesk Panel by selecting stop/start under the Server > Service Management section.