• GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Adding Tags to My Product Listings

I'm coming from Etsy where you add your tags manually but I don't see that feature. Do I  keep a long title with all the tag words? Or do I add tags for my products another way. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User 2020

@bluehillglass 

There is no ability to add tags.  Tags are another way to organize data -- not purely for SEO which is want I think you are asking about?

For Product SEO, you want to have your main keyword phrase for that product in the title and within the product's content.  Then pepper variations to back up that term in the product's description.  All the while catering to what potential customers want to know about (not just for search engines) so that the text reads smoothly.   Text written for search engines first rarely "sells".

Also in the URL slug if it makes sense (and doesn't make the URL too long).

Does that help? 😉

Judith
    "No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User 2020

@bluehillglass 

There is no ability to add tags.  Tags are another way to organize data -- not purely for SEO which is want I think you are asking about?

For Product SEO, you want to have your main keyword phrase for that product in the title and within the product's content.  Then pepper variations to back up that term in the product's description.  All the while catering to what potential customers want to know about (not just for search engines) so that the text reads smoothly.   Text written for search engines first rarely "sells".

Also in the URL slug if it makes sense (and doesn't make the URL too long).

Does that help? 😉

Judith
    "No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

View solution in original post

Yes!!! Thank you @Muse. I need a course in SEO. I will work on this for my products.