cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

.fm price 300% increase??

I've had a .fm domain with Godaddy for a few years, paying around 60-70 euro/year. Now the next renewal is coming soon and to my surprise it's asking me for ~156 euro.. wtf? I checked a few other registrars and they all have the average $65-70 price, wtf godaddy? time to leave.

6 REPLIES 6
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: .fm price 300% increase??

@Shira wrote:

I've had a .fm domain with Godaddy for a few years, paying around 60-70 euro/year. Now the next renewal is coming soon and to my surprise it's asking me for ~156 euro.. wtf? I checked a few other registrars and they all have the average $65-70 price, wtf godaddy? time to leave.

@Shira I'm showing $101 for a one year registration of a .fm domain, which is fairly close to the central registry price of $95. Are you sure the system isn't automatically adding 2 years?

--

New

"155.14/yr" ($171)

New

Godaddy increased the price from ~ $70 to $101.99 for discount domain club. This is ridiculous when https://www.123-reg.co.uk can register us a .fm for ~$80. Time to look for other registrars.

Yup! Experienced the same. Autorenew was on and they tried to gut me for C$224.59

Went with gandi.net and saved over C$100 - **bleep** Godaddy.

There isn't the option to renew beyond one year. **bleep** Godaddy, check out gandi.net and save over C$100. Bull**bleep** practice, trying to take advantage of their default enabled autorenew.

Yeah.. its gone from 93 bucks last year to 230 this year.

Not happy!.. 

I am leaving too now