• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Calendar showing yesterday's events

Hi,

I have a calendar widget on my page linked to my google calendar. However, on some days where there are no events, the calendar widget does not advance to the next day's events. Rather it displays yesterday's events. As a discrete example, let's say I have no events today (3/7) and had events yesterday (3/6). It still displays the events from yesterday instead of displaying upcoming events on 3/8. I do not see any apparent way to achieve this. Please let me know what I can do about this. Thanks in advance!

- jpk

4 REPLIES 4
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Calendar showing yesterday's events

Hi @jpkgym. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Often issues like this are caused either by browser caching or a conflict with a browser plugin/extension. I'd suggest clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then consider sharing your site here. Others may be able to take a look and see if they can duplicate what's happening. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like a caching issue (tested with devtools open & caching disabled). The link to the site is https://jompikadmuaythaigym.com/

New

Checking back to see if there were any updates...

Here's a screenshot of today's (Tuesday 4/9) calendar showing yesterday's event

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 1.03.29 PM.png

If I had to guess, this is either related to how the calendar decides which events to choose i.e. calculation of what is considered today's event or something related to time zones. I verified that I had set the proper time zone in google calendar.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @jpkgym - Thanks for providing more information. I've found out that the calendar section of the site will show events up to 24 hours past their occurrence. This is how the section is intended to function. The calendar will also show up to 100 events, so your visitors can click the "More vents" link to see what else you have on your calendar. 

Alternatively, you can try embedding a calendar. You can take a look at this post if you'd like to see more information on how to do this. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.