• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to take my shop/website offline until I have inventory to send out

Hello,

I published my website to have a few friends go through it to see if there were any bugs. I now no longer want the shop visible as I've no products to sell until my stock arrives. How do I take the shop/domain offline in the meantime. I want to be able to take it offline then later,  put it live again with all the products I've already set up.

Thanks

Paul

SubbyTech

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: How to take my shop/website offline until I have inventory to send out

What are you using for your storefront @subbytech? Many online storefronts have a way you can do exactly what you're asking. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Thanks for getting back to me,

I use the built in shop option that GoDaddy provide

Website Builder Online Store vNext

subbytech.com

I can't believe I can't find how to do it myself lol. I've been building gaming PC's for over 15 years but I must be missing the wood for the trees....just can't find how to take it offline again.
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@subbytech

Since the frontend pages use the same domain as the shop, there is no way to separate the two and take only the shop portion off-line.   One of the downsides of using a web builider application -- out of our control to control.

Since this is temporary until you get stock, what you can do is remove the link to the store from your navigation.

Pages > Shop > Click Cog Icon > Settings > Turn Off Show in Navigation

You could really button down the store up by turning On Members Only which would block the store to users who are not logged in.  Since your site is new, you probably don't have a lot of users that would impact since if there are any there are your friends.

Does this help? Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Nice one, thanks. Good call on the membership option.