• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Is there a way to undo changes while in editing mode?

Is there no way to undo changes while in editing mode?  Really?!!

How does anyone effectively edit their site if you have to remember what your last choices were so you can go back and redo them if you don't like the new result?

4 REPLIES 4
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: Undo changes

Hi @g_armstrong,

try this

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-keyboard-shortcuts-copy-paste-undo/

you could try the 'back button' in your browser too.....

"if in doubt, press all the buttons....... and pray"

Goes without saying though, backup backup backup before changing stuff!!

i dont use CMS so test on something unimportant first..........

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @g_armstrong,

If you're interested in getting some tips on things to add or improve on your website, please feel to add a post to our "Supersize Your Website" forum and have other Community members check out your site. Thanks!

Rachel

One year later and there is still no undo feature in the website builder? I'm highly confused.

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hi @Stannis, we save all changes to your website as you are editing, so you can easily restore your site from a previous version. Let's say you accidentally delete an entire section and want it back. Use the restore feature to go back to your last version and you will be back in business.

To restore from a prior version click on Site Settings, then choose Site History. Find the version you wish to restore and click Restore. That's it. I hope this helps you. Another tip: If you are typing text and accidentally delete or change text and you want to undo, you can use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Z) or (Command + Z). 

Thanks for the feedback.

Rachel