cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Unique Website Request

I have a terminal illness and I created a Tumblr site 3 years ago to collect quotes and music so my children will always have that.  I purchased a URL from GoDaddy, and they told me that the WordPress would be my best option.  I set up the first page of the site fine, creating pages for what I wanted my tumblr posts to be under each category (quotes, songs, reading.writing, politics, etc.)  Now I was able to find a tool on WordPress that allowed me to import all of my 700 tumblr posts (they are tagged).  I do not know how to separate and put the categorized tumblr post on the corresponding WordPress Pages.  On the side toolbar, it shows 'posts' and that is where they all are.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Unique Website Request

@RedJen

In WordPress pages and posts operate differently.   So your categories won't be "Pages".  The category pages for your posts are called archive pages and will be created "auto-magically" by WordPress when you formally setup categories and then file the posts within.

The next step would be to recreate your categories in Posts > Categories > Add New Category.

Next, what you need to do is file your posts in the the category(s) of your choice.  Once you setup categories and file your posts, the archive page for each category will show those posts filed within, newest first.  How they display on the archive page has a lot to do with the theme and settings.

If I misunderstood your situation or if you have any questions -- just let me know!

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Today ends tonight and tomorrow starts again."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Unique Website Request

@RedJen

In WordPress pages and posts operate differently.   So your categories won't be "Pages".  The category pages for your posts are called archive pages and will be created "auto-magically" by WordPress when you formally setup categories and then file the posts within.

The next step would be to recreate your categories in Posts > Categories > Add New Category.

Next, what you need to do is file your posts in the the category(s) of your choice.  Once you setup categories and file your posts, the archive page for each category will show those posts filed within, newest first.  How they display on the archive page has a lot to do with the theme and settings.

If I misunderstood your situation or if you have any questions -- just let me know!

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Today ends tonight and tomorrow starts again."

View solution in original post