• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Want to add a PayPal Gift card option where a customer can choose the amount

I want to add a PayPal buy-a-gift card option. I want the customer to choose the amount. There are two Paypal buttons available for varied $ amounts BUT they refer on-screen to "Donate Now to xyz" <<< which I cannot edit. The only other gift card button I can see is buying a gift card at a fixed (only one $ option) amount? Has anyone been able to do this without creating a Square acct etc ... ie:just using PayPal. tia

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Employee

Hello @CHandG and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late welcome and response. Were you able to get this issue fixed and do you mind sharing how for other end users who may experience this issue?

If you were not able to fix this issue of using PayPal to offer gift cards over Square, I did some research on how to help solve the problem. Currently Square is the merchant service with the direct link to set up digital gift cards.

The only other work around I can think of is creating the certificate through PayPal and adding the custom code to your site. I am not an expert of PayPal or what solutions they provide other than offering digital certificate's if you have a PayPal Business profile. After creating the digital certificates, you can always add the custom code to your site that you will be provided after creating the certificates. I found these instructions on how to create digital certificates in PayPal, keep in mind it is a third party site provided the instruction.

After creating the certificates you can add the custom code to your site using these instructions. Again I do apologize for the delayed response and I hope this was helpful in troubleshooting.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

Thank you for your reply. I've connected the Square solution currently so
    will stay with it
    to see how it goes.
    I appreciate your suggestion and will consider it if the Square solution
    doesn't work out.

Kind regards,
    Carolyn

--
    *Carolyn Callahan*

*Military Bookshop*

2 REPLIES 2
    Employee

Hello @CHandG and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late welcome and response. Were you able to get this issue fixed and do you mind sharing how for other end users who may experience this issue?

If you were not able to fix this issue of using PayPal to offer gift cards over Square, I did some research on how to help solve the problem. Currently Square is the merchant service with the direct link to set up digital gift cards.

The only other work around I can think of is creating the certificate through PayPal and adding the custom code to your site. I am not an expert of PayPal or what solutions they provide other than offering digital certificate's if you have a PayPal Business profile. After creating the digital certificates, you can always add the custom code to your site that you will be provided after creating the certificates. I found these instructions on how to create digital certificates in PayPal, keep in mind it is a third party site provided the instruction.

After creating the certificates you can add the custom code to your site using these instructions. Again I do apologize for the delayed response and I hope this was helpful in troubleshooting.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

Thank you for your reply. I've connected the Square solution currently so
    will stay with it
    to see how it goes.
    I appreciate your suggestion and will consider it if the Square solution
    doesn't work out.

Kind regards,
    Carolyn

--
    *Carolyn Callahan*

*Military Bookshop*