• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    New

Why does "Check out this GoDaddy hosted webpage!" show up as a description on google for my website?

Hi, my account is very simple, I am using Godaddy's simple website builder and you can check out the website at "cheungenterprise.com".

I am confused why aren't any of the text from the website is being picked up by google. None of the key words that I have put can be found via google, the only possible way to find my website is to type in the full webname and .com on google. Which defeats the whole point of being exposed; please can someone suggest what I can do to change this?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Helper III
    Helper III

Re: Why does "Check out this GoDaddy hosted webpage!" show up as a description on google f

Sometimes it just takes Google a while to crawl your site.  I would suggest you sign up for their search console, and you can force them to crawl your site.  You can get to their site here.

Before you do that, I would probably go ahead and view the source of your site in a browser, and look at any tag that looks like one of these:

<meta name="description" content="...
    <meta name="keywords" content="...

If you look for those tags, you can verify what Google is going to see before you have them crawl and index your site.

Hope this helps!