• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Will GoDaddy upgrade their website builder features?

Unless I'm missing something why can't Godaddy after all these years, upgrade there features in their website builders? I wanna be able to add different fonts, different sizes and different colors to make my pages and website stand out. I was happy to see that they added more theme colors but if you change one page or section color it changes them all to that same color. Still not letting me make one area or page stand out and grab attention. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: Will GoDaddy upgrade their website builder features?

@rodneyjm 

There is a good answer to this. GoDaddy's Website Builder is meant to be an easy to use solution for people that just want to get a nice looking website up fast without having to pay thousands of dollars to a designer or spending hours to figure out how the system works.

IT IS NOT MEANT FOR EVERYONE.

If the feature set from the website builder doesn't for you, the advice of every professional is that you need to be on a platform that will allow more latitude in customization, like WordPress.

GoDaddy is also constantly updating it's website builder with new features all the time. They have to make sure that the features they introduce are compatible. It's not as simple as flipping a switch when it's a completely proprietary and internally designed website platform. Significant testing and coding checks must be carried out before any new feature is put on the service.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi @rodneyjm 

Thanks a lot for your feedback. The ability to modify font and more color flexibility are what we are working on! Please stay tune for the update. Thanks!

Best,

Yun

4 REPLIES 4
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@rodneyjm 

There is a good answer to this. GoDaddy's Website Builder is meant to be an easy to use solution for people that just want to get a nice looking website up fast without having to pay thousands of dollars to a designer or spending hours to figure out how the system works.

IT IS NOT MEANT FOR EVERYONE.

If the feature set from the website builder doesn't for you, the advice of every professional is that you need to be on a platform that will allow more latitude in customization, like WordPress.

GoDaddy is also constantly updating it's website builder with new features all the time. They have to make sure that the features they introduce are compatible. It's not as simple as flipping a switch when it's a completely proprietary and internally designed website platform. Significant testing and coding checks must be carried out before any new feature is put on the service.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Would love to see significantly better Picture galleries, I've been with Godaddy for 6 months, so I'm hoping we get some updates soon.

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @rodneyjm. Thanks for your feedback. In reality, we're constantly updating our Websites + Marketing site builder. New features may not be obvious at times, but they are there. Check out this page to see the latest updates. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted
    Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi @rodneyjm 

Thanks a lot for your feedback. The ability to modify font and more color flexibility are what we are working on! Please stay tune for the update. Thanks!

Best,

Yun