cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Basic version of my site loading after upgrade to business hosting?

Hi guys, I am experiencing a very weird occurrence since moving from shared hosting to business hosting (yesterday).

My site (www.thepreppingguide.com) first loads in the basic version, and then changes to the normal version. I have screenshots of what is happening.

Any idea what is causing this?

Also, it might be worth mentioning that I am getting regular error 503's 

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 4.07.43 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-18 at 4.07.16 pm.png

3 REPLIES 3
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Re: Basic version of my site loading after upgrade to business server?

Hi @bendsc,

Have you installed any sort of caching plugin? This is perhaps a good place to start.  If not, you'll need one.  There are several good ones including WP-Rocket and Comet Cache. 

I did take a look at the site and saw the "flip".  It is also possible that you have a plugin conflict.  Easier to say, than to fix that's for sure!!  Also, check your WP resources for enough memory and execution time.  This is often the source of 503 problems.

Hope this helps?

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
New

Hey James, the resources seem to be fine. I just made the upgrade to the business server from being in a shared server.

And I am currently using WP Fastest Cache 😄

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @bendsc,

When I test or purchase a new theme I take the time to optimize it from the start.  There are several good ones that work well on most GoDaddy platforms.  I've used both of these and either are good picks.  One of the problems areas identified and often fixed is .css loading issues.  

Autoptimize

https://wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/

Hummingbird

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-hummingbird/

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites