cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to transfer & connect domain purchased from another register?

Hey. 

I just want to connect Gsuite with Godaddy. But, one of the domain wasn't purchased here. In other many of my GoDaddy account connected with Gsuite. However, my website https://quintdaily.com/ purchased from other domain register and when I checked to connect with Gsuite, I feel like hard. How can I transfer the domain to GoDaddy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MaryJanne,

Welcome to the Community!

Your domain is currently registered at namecheap and can be easily transferred to a GoDaddy account. You'll need to unlock the domain at the current registrar, remove any privacy, and get the authorization code to use in the transfer process at GoDaddy. Here's some instructions from that registrar to help you out. When done, just use the instructions above to purchase and complete the transfer. 

Once the domain is at GoDaddy, you'll have access to the DNS to "point" your domain to your GSuite products. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @MaryJanne,

Welcome to the Community!

Your domain is currently registered at namecheap and can be easily transferred to a GoDaddy account. You'll need to unlock the domain at the current registrar, remove any privacy, and get the authorization code to use in the transfer process at GoDaddy. Here's some instructions from that registrar to help you out. When done, just use the instructions above to purchase and complete the transfer. 

Once the domain is at GoDaddy, you'll have access to the DNS to "point" your domain to your GSuite products. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post