cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Registering domain .aero

Hi all,

Would love to register a .aero domain here at GoDaddy but can't. Will there be a possibility for this in the near future? 

Hope to hear.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Registering domain .aero

Different TLDs have different registration requirements @Frank_Media. Check out the  GoDaddy glossary of TLDs . If you want a .aero you need a .aero ID in order to be able to register. Because of requirements for TLDs not every registrar will be authorized to sell them. I believe .aero is the first TLD that is industry specific? You will need to be in the aerospace industry to register a .aero domain. As near as I am aware .aero domains can only be purchased and authorized on information.aero I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Registering domain .aero

Different TLDs have different registration requirements @Frank_Media. Check out the  GoDaddy glossary of TLDs . If you want a .aero you need a .aero ID in order to be able to register. Because of requirements for TLDs not every registrar will be authorized to sell them. I believe .aero is the first TLD that is industry specific? You will need to be in the aerospace industry to register a .aero domain. As near as I am aware .aero domains can only be purchased and authorized on information.aero I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post