cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicp
Getting Started

Renewal currency is wrong!

Hi,

I am trying to renew my domain registration as the payment method expired and thus the auto renewal did not work. My new payment method is from a Euro account. I have set my preferred payment currency (in Account settings) to EUR, but the renewal notice is still in USD.  I have proceeded trhough all the steps of the renewal process to see if the final amount is converted to EUR but it isn't.

If you bill me in USD, my bank will take an extra % PLUS a foreign currency transaction fee.  Thus I want you to bill me in Euro. Your website implies this is possible but it does not make it possible!  Please sort this out.

6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @nicp,

why would the original bill (still) be in USD? What country do you reside in may I ask?

nicp
Getting Started

I'm in Lithuania.  The domain is for the international church here and was originally registered by a US citizen who was living here.  He transferred ownership of the domain to me two years ago, but prepaid two years' registration.  Hence it needs to be renewed now, but I have no US account.

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @nicp,

ah yes, it's beginning to make sense now. The previous owner didn't transfer ownership formally, but just on a trust basis. Hence your problem as as far as godaddy are concerned, the domain still belongs to client 'A', not you, client 'B'. 

You should seek advice directly from support on this issue to resolve this. 

I could tell you a way to resolve this, but it would go against my credos and so I can't. 

Support will help you do things correctly. 

nicp
Getting Started

No, he did transfer the domain formally - it took about a month, and lots of liaison with the help team at the time!  It is now registered in my name and shouldn't be linked to him at all - unless there's something of which I am unaware.

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @nicp,

in which case only support can help you by looking into your account details and making sure that everything is up to date. 

Nobody here has access to your account. 

incidentally, have you added your credit card details? Before deleting one method of payment, another must be added as there has to be at least one valid method of payment in place for a current service.

as you did say, he had paid for two years upfront, so his card being a USA card.....

I have a similar problem. My account is configured to have EUR as my default currency, but when I try to renew my domain, my cart appears in Romanian LEI... I can't get it to change!

(By the way, I'm in Portugal)

Cheers