cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEEKING HELP ON HOW TO SETUP GODADDY EMAIL DNS TO SYNOLOGY MAILPLUS SERVER

Fellas!.. Looking for help.

Newbie here trying to figure out how to setup a godaddy email domain to my synology mailplus server.

I've tried asking CS but they're not allowed to help hence i'm not purchasing their email accounts and/or storage.

I know someone here has gone thru the same situation and has the step by step recipe on how to get this configured.  

I would appreciate it a bunch.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SEEKING HELP ON HOW TO SETUP GODADDY EMAIL DNS TO SYNOLOGY MAILPLUS SERVER

TTT

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SEEKING HELP ON HOW TO SETUP GODADDY EMAIL DNS TO SYNOLOGY MAILPLUS SERVER

Hi @SLOWPOKE. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Based on what I could find online, in order to use  MailPlus you have to connect your NAS to the internet, then set up a few DNS records. I wouldn't be able to help with the first part, but the links below should help you set up an A Record and MX record. Essentially it sounds like you'll need to set up an A Record that will serve as the MX Record, and then specify that MX Record for the domain. For example, you could:

1. Create an A Record for "mail" that points to the IP of your network.
  2. Create an MX Record that points to "mail.yourdomain.com". 

Keep in mind that you'll only want the MX record(s) that point to the IP you want to use. You can delete the others if they exist. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.