Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

To Improve Chances of Domain Acquisition. BackOrder, BuyService, What Else?

I'm trying to get a domain, but someone already has it. So far, I bought two things from GoDaddy: Domain Backorder and Domain Buy Service. I went to Domain Buy Service page and had set the minimum, and the maximum offers. Afterward, I went to Domain Backorder page and noticed that I have one credit available for back ordering a domain. Am I required to use the credit towards the domain that I listed under Domain Buy Service? If it's not required, then will it increase my chances of obtaining the domain if I do so? Also, what are other ways that I can improve the chances of getting the domain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nate
Super User II

BackOrder attempts to register the domain if the current owner allows it to expire.  It is possible that others are trying for the same domain as well, and that is only if the domain isn't renewed.

BuyService attempts to negotiate a price for which the current owner would be willing to give up the domain, then if applicable they facilitate the transaction to protect both sides.

The highest probability is obviously if you and the current owner were able to come to an agreement on the price.  Think of it like real estate, if there were a house you really like... is the $ your willing to spend to move in greater than or equal to the $ the current owner is willing to take to move out.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nate
Super User II

BackOrder attempts to register the domain if the current owner allows it to expire.  It is possible that others are trying for the same domain as well, and that is only if the domain isn't renewed.

BuyService attempts to negotiate a price for which the current owner would be willing to give up the domain, then if applicable they facilitate the transaction to protect both sides.

The highest probability is obviously if you and the current owner were able to come to an agreement on the price.  Think of it like real estate, if there were a house you really like... is the $ your willing to spend to move in greater than or equal to the $ the current owner is willing to take to move out.

View solution in original post