cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

how do i Point a domain to my godaddy ip address

how do i park a domain from name.com to my godaddy ip server address.

am new to godaddy

i just created a server account. i want to transfer my domain to be parked at my godaddy server IP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution

Re: how do i park a domain from name.com to my godaddy ip server address

Hey @smarthyve,

If you're going to be using the current nameservers provided by your current registrar, the instructions previously provided to you from @charminglygeeky should give you the IP address that you need to direct your domain name to. As for updating those zone records, you'll want to check with that provider on the specific steps you need to follow to make that update. 

If you'd prefer to use our own nameservers, you should be able to locate that information here. Once you have the nameservers, you'll need to update the information with your current registrar to have the domain directed to our services. 

Let us know if you manage to get this worked out. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi @smarthyve,

Just to clarify it sounds like you want to point your 3rd party domain name to your hosting account. Here is how to find your hosting account's IP address. Once you have found it, you will want to add it to your domain's DNS. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Highlighted

please am not clear. can i host on my own godaddy server. if yes how do i do that. especially if the domain name i want to host is not from godaddy

Highlighted
Solution

Hey @smarthyve,

If you're going to be using the current nameservers provided by your current registrar, the instructions previously provided to you from @charminglygeeky should give you the IP address that you need to direct your domain name to. As for updating those zone records, you'll want to check with that provider on the specific steps you need to follow to make that update. 

If you'd prefer to use our own nameservers, you should be able to locate that information here. Once you have the nameservers, you'll need to update the information with your current registrar to have the domain directed to our services. 

Let us know if you manage to get this worked out. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

View solution in original post