cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

My Yoast SEO plug-in disappeared.

Hi,
I know some people of this community already talked about this issue. But this morning, I found out that my Yoast SEO plug-in disappeared. I tried to re-install it but it keeps saying "installation failed:destination folder already exist". I sear he'd every where and they suggested me to go FTP to delete the Yoast SEO plug-in folder then re-install it. I couldn't get access to cancel or FTP (probably because I chose the basic plan for my domain). I chatted with the Godaddy customer service. They said they already deleted the Yoast SEO plug-in folder and asked me to refresh the page & re-install that plug-in. After 1 hour, it still didn't work so the customer service asked the tier 2 for help and still didn't work. They suggested me to pay a fee for the godaddy expert service so they can delete and re-install the Yoast SEO plug-in. I don't understand at all because I tried the same way that is told everywhere on the internet but still didn't work. I need your advice. I'm not sure if the expert service is able to fix it or I should use another SEO plugin? Thank you, everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

Hey there @remynb,

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Unfortunately, it sounds like the customer service rep and the tier 2 tech did all they could on their level. (Sounds like they went a bit above and beyond, to be honest.) The only thing you can really do now is pay for the WP Premium Support service, hire a dev to take a look, or do some research and select a new SEO option.

WPPS is a solid option. They should be able to find and correct the issue for you and it's a good price to pay for pro dev help.

Hiring a dev is hit or miss, unfortunately. Some are great and some are not. You will also likely pay more for this option but it may be quicker than using WPPS.

The final option is to choose another SEO plugin. There are a lot out there and, to be fair, Yoast is a great but bloated plugin.

I hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

Hey there @remynb,

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Unfortunately, it sounds like the customer service rep and the tier 2 tech did all they could on their level. (Sounds like they went a bit above and beyond, to be honest.) The only thing you can really do now is pay for the WP Premium Support service, hire a dev to take a look, or do some research and select a new SEO option.

WPPS is a solid option. They should be able to find and correct the issue for you and it's a good price to pay for pro dev help.

Hiring a dev is hit or miss, unfortunately. Some are great and some are not. You will also likely pay more for this option but it may be quicker than using WPPS.

The final option is to choose another SEO plugin. There are a lot out there and, to be fair, Yoast is a great but bloated plugin.

I hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post