cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
iankh
New

WP Cron not working/supported on managed WordPress Platform

I have issues because the WP Cron is not running on managed Wordpress. This is a core file, so I'm surprised that there are issues. I am running Woocommerce and would consider switching to the Managed Woocommerce platform, but understand that WP Cron doesn't work on that platform either. Meanwhile, GoDaddy says they offer the Automatwoo extension that depends heavily on the WP Cron. When is GoDaddy going to resolve these basic issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@iankh 

You claim the cron isn't running - can you provide more details of what "isn't" happening and what you are expecting to happen.

If you are concerned the automation isn't triggering - as per AutomateWoo'd own Docs page you can trigger the cron job manually - https://automatewoo.com/docs/replace-wordpress-cron-real-cron-job/

If you decide to do that - I suggest using a service like easycron.com as the Managed WordPress platform doesn't have the ability to put in custom cron.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PL281
Super User IV

@iankh 

I have almost 200 sites on the Managed WordPress platform including sites running Woo - I'm curious what you mean / see / expect when you say the cron isn't running

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Do you use Woocommerce? Are you using Automatewoo from Woocommerce? That paid Woocommerce extension relies on WP Cron. WP Cron is a core file of WP and I have been told that there is a problem with the GoDaddy Hosted WP and Hosted Woocommerce platform running this core file. 

PL281
Super User IV

@iankh 

I haven't run that specific plugin, but it isn't the only the plugin that relies on the WordPress Cron - given the 1000s of sites on the platform I really think if this was an issue it would have been widely expressed / other issues would have cropped up.

While that may be the case, it does not help my particular use case. GoDaddy has said there the problem exists on their hosted Woocommerce platform. Automatewoo is a Woocommerce produced plugin using a core WP file. I'm open to any suggestions that fixes my issue. 

PL281
Super User IV

@iankh 

You claim the cron isn't running - can you provide more details of what "isn't" happening and what you are expecting to happen.

If you are concerned the automation isn't triggering - as per AutomateWoo'd own Docs page you can trigger the cron job manually - https://automatewoo.com/docs/replace-wordpress-cron-real-cron-job/

If you decide to do that - I suggest using a service like easycron.com as the Managed WordPress platform doesn't have the ability to put in custom cron.

View solution in original post

The corn isn’t running. Three different GoDaddy support staff have said it isn’t running  and there is an internal ticket that they have a problem with both managed platforms. I’m paying for a managed service so I don’t have to fiddle with core functionality or make code hacks myself. I switched from Cpanel (where GoDaddy has said there isn’t a problem) so that I don’t have to fiddle with anything other than my plug in settings. As a customer I don’t think its unreasonable to expect that a managed platform works.