• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Age Verification

Hello all

Since all vape store require strict age verification, i am trying to add one to the cart section, before you checkout, so that you can verify the customers age, ive been trying to find websites or apps that i can use, but had not luck for the godaddy website builder, are there any HTML codes or websites that i can use?

Also, has anyone used square payments for their vape shops, do they allow online payments? has anyone had issues with them accepting online payments for vape items?

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: Age Verification

@thevapeuniverse wrote:

Hello all

Since all vape store require strict age verification, i am trying to add one to the cart section, before you checkout, so that you can verify the customers age, ive been trying to find websites or apps that i can use, but had not luck for the godaddy website builder, are there any HTML codes or websites that i can use?

Also, has anyone used square payments for their vape shops, do they allow online payments? has anyone had issues with them accepting online payments for vape items?

Thanks in advance 

@thevapeuniverse   have you tried something like this? https://ageverify.co/

---

yes, thats what i have on the main page before you enter, but i need one that requires you to verify your age before you checkout or purchase an item, like when you add the item, and click checkout, a popup comes up prompting you to verify your age, i know shopify has something like that

Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Hi @thevapeuniverse,

@justingodfrey has the right idea about getting the person to accept the terms of "Over 18 (21)" BEFORE entering the site.  This is the best way to try to enforce some sort of age verification.    Also, I'm pretty sure the checkout on the Online Store does not have a way to add a custom field.  

Here are a couple of other suggestions:

1.  In your meta tags for the site, add a line in the description that says "This site is for adults only.  No one under 18."
    2. In the footer on your page, add the For Adults Only terminology.
    3. Create a small icon or badge and link it to the terms of your page stating that your site is for adults only.  

adults_only_18.jpg

You can also check out the RTALABEL. org site http://www.rtalabel.org/  It has been around quite a while and is well-respected.

Consider that adult only sites are not fool proof and even the ageverify.co  site does not guarantee that their service keeps minors off of the site.  As an alternative you might try something like CoffeeCup forms.  Just place a statement of verification and an accept button.  You don't need a name or anything.  The form will track the IP and time of submission so you have an " I'm Over 18" statement upon entry.   

Please keep in mind that for most adult only sites there is a way around age verification -- lying about one's age.  That is why you need the other badging and the statements in the meta tags and the footer.  YOU are making your statement and your terms.  You as the business and site owner should take the responsibility and make the statement clear - as it appears you are!

When it comes to Square. -- Site reviews are the subjective opinion of a reviewer even when guidelines are given. I have seen other vape shops use Square.  That being said, it doesn't mean Square can't or won't pull processing services.  In most cases, it is the presentation as well as the product.  This is where you're "Over 18" statements come in.  Make sure you're ads and content do not contain blatantly false claims about vaping.  That will cause you as much flack as just the product. You probably want to keep a close eye on the rules that Square posts on allowed products and processing.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites