• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Contact form not sending email

We have a club website with a GoCentral Contact form on it. Whenever someone sends a message or question via the form on the website, we are not able to respond to it directly. It comes into the club’s email account as a website inquiry and when we click to “Reply to this message” it is requiring us  to create a new Microsoft account before I can respond to the email.Why can't we respond to the question sent through the form?

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Contact form not sending email

Hello ClintNC,

I hope you  are well.   Did you created the contact form with appropriate method? 

When you created your form, have you used this steps:

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/add-a-contact-form-8823

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
    Helper V

I'm curious if others are having this problem. One of the websites I manage replied to an email they received via the contact form and we don't think it was sent to the customer. We aren't sure, without calling them, so if others have noticed any problems I'd be interested in knowing.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @ClintNC. I'm not sure, but it sounds to me like you've set your contact form up to use an email address that you don't currently have access to. Let's say for example you have created info@mydomain.com as your email address, then created an alias for form@mydomain.com (I'm assuming you have Office 365 since you mentioned Microsoft) and used that address in your website. You'd be able to receive messages sent to that address but wouldn't be able to reply to form@ because it's not an actual address. You'd need a separate account for that, which may be why you're getting the Microsoft prompt. If that's not the case, then feel free to provide more information on your scenario. Screenshots would be helpful. 

@Hopeful It sounds like your situation is a little different. The post title is a little confusing, so I'll update that. @ClintNC wasn't able to reply at all whereas you've replied but are unsure that the recipient received the message. I'd suggest creating a new thread if you'd like to see if others in the Community are seeing the same thing. Be sure to include information about why you think it wasn't received. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.