• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Help needed- backing up of site

Hi all,

I have a site/system based on MLM compensation plan. Members login withe their username and password.

This is my challenge. I am not tech savvy. I've tried reaching my web designer to no avail.

My hosting subscription is to expire next week. And from the look of things i might not meet up with the payment before the due date. 

Is there a way i can backup everything? So that when i finally resubscribe my hosting plan, everything can be put up again.

Secondly, will this affect the passowrd and usernames of members? Will the system be affected?

Your help will be higly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Re: Help needed- backing up of site

Hi @frenchman,

Here's what I would do.  Call support at 480-505-8877 and explain the situation and ask them to walk you through using your c-Panel backup to get all of  your files to your local pc.  Be sure to ask them to include any databases that need to be preserved.

With regard to your databases you can go to the c-Panel tools for databases to conduct backups as well as using the php-MyAdmin panel to perform the backup directly from within the database.

If you are using web-mail as your primary email client, be sure to export the contacts and calendars databases.

Do you know if your databases are encrypted?  If so, you will need to have the key to decrypte/reinstall on a new server.

Check the settings in your MLM software for export/backup capabilities.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Re: Help needed- backing up of site

He llo James,

Your response highly appreciated.

Let me see what i can do.

Thanks a lot