• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Manual Migration of STAGING site to PRODUCTION issues

Just wanted to share a simple solution to an issue that I had moving a GoDaddy Managed Wordpress site manually (because SYNC tool did not work). After using Duplicator to move site with no problems from Staging to Production location, I found that WP Dashboard still displayed that my site was a staging site ("
    This is a staging site")

This matters because some features related to SEO, search engine visibility, and other WP functionality are disabled if the site is in Staging mode.

Solution: This is a GoDaddy plugin and just needs to be disabled.

File to modify: $mainwpdir/gd-config.php

Variable to change: define( 'GD_STAGING_SITE', false );

Sorry if this is obvious to you, but before looking and finding this myself, I spent 1 hour on the phone with Hosting support and then a TIER2 support only to be told they didn't have a clue. I have really enjoyed support up to this point but they fell short on this one.

This is a godaddy plugin and is inserted when a Staging site is created. When SYNC did not work for my site, I was instructed to migrate mannually....which I did. There should be not relating to manual migration from STAGING to PRODUCTION related to this issue. All it took was a quick findstr search and a few minutes of poking around to figure it out.

RANT over. Hope this helps someone else.

1 REPLY 1
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: Manual Migration of STAGING site to PRODUCTION issues

@reliabledesigns,

Happy to know that your issue is resolved, and thanks for sharing...

Smiley Happy

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA