gTLD Domain Names
Explore the possibilities with new domain extensions.
- Hundreds of domains specific to your idea
- World-class support from expert guides
- The largest, trusted registrar: 21+ million customers & 84+ million domains
Get your perfect domain.
You’ll discover there are tailor-made gTLDs for all kinds of people, from farmers (.farm) to doctors (.doctor) — and even names so creative it’s up to you how to use them. Once you find a name you love, just complete the registration process to start using your shiny new gTLD.
Get more options.
Tried-and-true domain extensions might be more recognizable, sure, but they’ve usually been around so long that most of the shorter and catchier ones are taken. If your perfect .com or .net is taken, a gTLD gives you another shot at the perfect domain. Search new domain extensions, find the right fit and make your idea real.
Claim your niche.
Registering a new gTLD domain is a great way to create a descriptive, memorable brand in your niche. Grab one to show off your .photography online. Or let people know you’re a real .guru at what you do.
Protect your brand.
If you already have a domain with a traditional extension, register gTLDs that match it (like Lilys.bike if you already have LilysBikes.com). It’ll protect you from bad actors looking to hijack the reputation you worked so hard to build.
What is a gTLD?
Can I register any domain extensions?
What are the 10 most popular top-level domains?
Are there domain extensions in languages other than English?
How much will the new domains cost?
Does Pre-Registering a gTLD guarantee I’ll get it?
No. Pre-Registering a domain reserves your place in our queue for that domain. The instant the registration phase opens, we'll submit our list of registrations electronically using our industry-leading technology to give you an edge.
If GoDaddy secures the name and more than one person or company has pre-registered it, all parties will be invited to a private auction to decide who gets it.
Priority Pre-Registration Cases:
- If you are not awarded a domain purchased under this phase, you will receive a full refund of the registration fee and any application fee paid.
- If you are awarded the domain purchased under this phase and then decide to cancel during the allowed "cancellation grace period", you will only receive a refund for the registration fee paid. Any application fee paid to secure under Priority Pre-Registration will be non-refundable in this case.
Regular Pre-Registration Cases:
- There are no application fees for the Regular Pre-Registration phase.
If you are not awarded a domain purchased under this phase, you will receive a full refund of the registration fee.
If you decide to cancel during the allowed "cancellation grace period", you will receive a full refund of the registration fee.